Here's a thread for the mileage and KOM (king of masochists) competition
- To participate you need to say so at the beginning of the month
- If you have a computer post up a photo with your initial mileage
- Make a weekly post with your mileage updates
- Make a final post with your overall mileage
- Talk shit on your fellow competitors
- Quitting your job, school, or both and going on a tour is grounds for disqualification
- Going on holiday and spending every day on the bike is dubious at best
- The contest is from 00:01 local time from the first day of the month to 11:59 on the last.
- Most folks use mapmyride.com for elevation gain, it's not accurate all the time, but it works
- You must be this tall to ride
- A computer is not absolutely necessary if you track your mileage accurately.
- This is an honor system sort of thing, have some. Also, have some beer.
- Trainer and roller miles do not count. Get outside and ride your fucking bike.
- More rules as I can make 'em up.
Update: For those that have outstanding questions about how to tarck your mileage: The "honor system" means that we trust you to accurately assess the number of miles that you've ridden. Some amount of data in support of that assessment helps establish that trust. Nobody is going to come 'round and audit your numbers. Measure your mileage however you like and be fair to yourself and everyone else competing.